Learning Objectives - Religious Studies major
Students completing the BA or BS degree in Religious Studies should be able to:
1. demonstrate literacy concerning the major religions of the world;
2. understand the relationship between religion and culture, and think critically about the influence of religious value systems on individuals and societies;
3. read and analyze the sacred texts of different religious traditions;
4. apply appropriate methods of research and argumentation to questions concerning religion;
5. communicate their findings in clear, well-reasoned writing;
6. possess a rigorous foundation for pursuing advanced study in religion or related fields.